Advocacy, support, issues and disputes
The following free advocacy and support services are available:
- UFBA and FRFANZ: Freephone 0508 832 269 (Mon-Fri business hours), or send a confidential message via the UFBA contact us page. Also see UFBA advocacy and support services.
Note: UFBA and FRFANZ provide advocacy and support services to all volunteers, but cannot provide rulings on any conflict or dispute.
- Apply for alternative advocacy services: email email@example.com
Note: These applications are considered case by case for management on a 'by exception' basis.
- Humankind are providing an independent service for bullying and harrassment, see Interim process for bullying and harrassment complaints.
- Personal stress support: Seek safety, health and wellbeing support.
- The UFBA Benevolent Fund provides for UFBA members and their families who are going through tough times financially or who have suffered misfortune.
- The Firefighters Welfare Society focuses on helping firefighter's and their families. Membership fees apply.
- Guideline: Manage volunteer poor performance or misconduct allegations
- Process: Resolve volunteer issue
- Guideline: Resolving volunteer issues
- Process: Resolve dispute
- Guideline: Interim dispute resolution process - guide for applicants
- Form: Interim dispute resolution process application
- Guideline: Respond to bullying and harassment
- Process: Make protected disclosure about serious wrongdoing