Advocacy, support, issues and disputes
The following free advocacy and support services are available:
- UFBA. Freephone 0508 832 269 (Mon-Fri business hours), or send a confidential message via the UFBA contact us(external link) page. Also see UFBA advocacy and support services(external link).
Note: UFBA provides advocacy and support services to all volunteers, but cannot provide rulings on any conflict or dispute.
- Apply for alternative advocacy services: email email@example.com
Note: These applications are considered case by case for management on a 'by exception' basis.
- Humankind(external link) are providing an independent service for bullying and harrassment, see Interim process for bullying and harrassment complaints.
- Personal stress support: Seek safety, health and wellbeing support.
- The UFBA Benevolent Fund(external link) provides for UFBA members and their families who are going through tough times financially or who have suffered misfortune. There is also a COVID-19 Special Benevolent Fund(external link) fund for those impacted by COVID-19 to ensure there is ‘food on the table.’
- The Firefighters Welfare Society(external link) focuses on helping firefighters and their families. Membership fees apply.
- Guideline: Manage volunteer poor performance or misconduct allegations
- Process: Resolve volunteer issue
- Guideline: Resolving volunteer issues
- Process: Resolve dispute
- Guideline: Interim dispute resolution process - guide for applicants(external link)
- Form: Interim dispute resolution process application(external link)
- Guideline: Respond to bullying and harassment
- Process: Make protected disclosure about serious wrongdoing