Welcome to the new look volunteer intranet pages on the Portal. These pages contain key information and resources to help you perform your role effectively.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Portal there are a lot of useful resources available on the Volunteer pages and on the home page.
The Portal can be viewed from home and on your mobile or tablet.
This volunteer site is a work in progress - your feedback on what works for you/what is missing will ensure that the site develops to be more useful for both urban and rural volunteers. Further information for voluntary rural fire forces will be added as it becomes available. If you have feedback on these pages please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft Volunteer Principles
The draft Volunteerism principles have been developed with input from over 300 people, and discussion is continuing as part of developing the Volunteer Strategy.
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is committed to:
- Making it easier to be a volunteer
- Recognising volunteers and their contributions
- Appreciating that volunteering is always a matter of choice
- Identifying, sharing and growing what works for volunteers
- Being responsive to local needs
- Involving volunteer perspectives in decision making
- Demonstrating openness, transparency and fairness
- Operating with mutual trust and respect
- Being inclusive and accepting of difference; and
- Building an environment that enables volunteering to thrive.