Welcome to the Volunteer home page for Fire and Emergency New Zealand. This is the place to go for all things volunteerism related. Down the right hand-side of the screen you will find links to Volunteer related information.
Let us know if there’s additional information you would like to see here by emailing: email@example.com
Consultation on the draft volunteerism strategy has now closed. Thank you to everyone who contributed. You can find out more about what will happen next here.
We are committed to these Volunteerism Priniciples;
- Making it easier to be a volunteer
- Being responsive to local needs
- Involving volunteer perspectives in decision making
- Being inclusive and embracing difference
- Identifying, sharing and growing what works for volunteers
- Appreciating that volunteering is always a matter of choice
- Operating with mutual trust and respect
- Demonstrating openness, transparency and fairness
- Recognising volunteers, their employers and families; as well as their contributions
- Building an environment that enables volunteering to thrive