Pacific Islands Languages Grant recipients named
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2020/21 Pacific Islands Languages Grant:
- Firefighter Sela Corbett, Te Hiku to study Introduction to Lea Faka Tonga – Identity, Language and Culture through the Pasifika Education Centre
- Senior Firefighter Fawcett Elu, Te Hiku, to undertake Fa’amatai Intermediate through the Pasifika Education Centre
- Station Officer Talite Liava’a, Te Hiku, to undertake Tongan 101 through Auckland University
- Firefighter Nellie Papali’i, Te Hiku, to undertake Tongan Language and Culture through Onehunga High School Adult Learning Centre
- Senior Firefighter Anthony Pauga, Te Hiku, to study Samoan Fa’amatai Oratory through the Pasifika Education Centre
The grant is an initiative to help Fire and Emergency’s overall service delivery capability to the community and to benefit the personal development of the recipients.
The grant has an overall total budget of $5,000 per year to assist our people to learn or undertake study in any Pacific Islands language or languages. Applications are called for through Portal in November each year.