Type 3 Appliance Acquisition Update
Throughout November 2018, members of the Working Group for the Type 3 Appliance Acquisition project visited stations across the country to meet with firefighters, talk about the project and get your views on what a Type 3 appliance needs.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in these sessions. We had some insightful discussions and feedback received. Some of the feedback we’ve received so far includes:
- Regional variances, notably Auckland/rest of country to fit local need.
- Inner city (metro) smaller, more manoeuverable truck with slightly smaller water tank but big capacity pump.
- More variety in truck options.
- Make the testing regime longer, more rigorous and geographically more widespread.
- Better stowage options for feeders.
You can see a summary of more of the feedback we received on our project page.
Those of you who haven’t already given their feedback can do so by emailing T3P@fireandemergency.nz.
We’ve also sent out an Advance Notice to let potential suppliers know that we are looking at options for a new Type 3 appliance. This will give us an idea of what is currently in the market that may fit our needs.
We will keep you updated - check in on the Type 3 Appliance Acquisition project page for the latest.