Show us your best shots
Share your images and stories and email them through to us and be in to win.
We know our volunteers do an extraordinary job keeping our country safe. We want to show the rest of the country what your brigades do and the importance of your support crew – whānau, employers and others – through our communications, our website, and via our ongoing social media channels.
Given you’re at the heart of your communities and we’re sure you have amazing material to share, we’d love to bring this to life using your images and sharing your real stories. So, please go and dig out those shots of you, your brigade and support crew that mean something to you and email them through to us by Sunday 26 April 2020.
Every Fire and Emergency volunteer who submits a photo to the designated email address with a short caption or description goes into the draw to win one of five $200 Prezzy cards.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for inspiring images and stories that depict one or more of the following:
- Volunteer Brigade life – be sure to avoid any images showing incidents, and also make sure the photo shows our volunteers in correct PPE etc.
- Volunteers and their whānau – such as family night or brigade barbecues.
- Volunteers in the community – images showing the role of our volunteers in their communities like school fairs, brigade open days and with employers.
What you need to do
- Please email your best shots to us with a caption or short description by 5PM on Sunday 26 April 2020
- Please select images taken in the last two years.
- Photos should not be blurry. Aim to share high-resolution images only (preferably between 1MB and 5MB). Those taken on a DSLR camera are best, but the good news is most photos taken with modern smartphones are most likely still suitable.
- For every image, please also include a description, a short story, or a caption about the image - we’re keen to hear about what’s happening and why this image means something to you.
- Please also list the names of anyone else featured in the photo.
- Include with your photo submission, your name, phone number and postal address.
The best shots will be selected to showcase the great work brigades do. As we intend to use these photos publicly, it’s best to make sure that any other people appearing in your photos are happy with this before you submit your photo. We also ask that the photo you submit is your own.
Terms and conditions
- All photos submitted to the above email address with a caption or short description will automatically go in the prize draw to win one of five $200 Prezzy cards. Entries will be limited to one per person even if you submit multiple photos.
- By submitting a photo, you acknowledge that Fire and Emergency may choose to use the photo in print or digital form as part of campaigns or social media content, in perpetuity.
- If we would like to use your photo and story, we will contact you via email first.
- Entries will be drawn by Sunday 31 May.
If winners fail to reply to communication once the prize draw has ended via email or other means within 14 days, the prize will be passed on to another entrant.
- If we haven’t contacted you in response to your photo submission, know that your photo will be electronically discarded within six months of you submitting.
- By entering, you are deemed to have accepted our above terms and conditions.
Looking forward to seeing your amazing shots and stories!
Send your best pics to firstname.lastname@example.org