Network Change: Saturday 24 September – Sunday 25 September
Our ICT team is updating and replacing our firewall at our Wellington Data Centre on Saturday 24 September. This is to ensure our systems remain safe and secure using next generation firewall technology.
As part of these changes, some services will be affected.
- Saturday 24 September 8:00am – Sunday 25 September 3:00pm
- All applications (except AMS and Mobility) for approximately 30 minutes from 8:00am to 8:30am on Saturday 24 September
Services degraded (will be working but in limited functionality)
- Internet Access
- The main outage has been scheduled on a Saturday morning to reduce the impact on personnel.
- Throughout the two-day change window, all applications and IT services including, email, Sharepoint, Citrix and direct access may be impacted by this change intermittently.
- We are failing over critical network and infrastructure services in our Wellington Data Centre to our Auckland Data Centre before the change to lessen the impact.
There will be changes made in preparation for the change window on Friday, 23 September, but this will not impact our applications, so has not been included in the change window.
If personnel experience any issues with applications and services outside of the change window, please call the IT Service Desk on 0800 374 843 option 1, alternatively email: ITSupport@fireandemergency.nz