It's National Volunteer Week
Celebrating National Volunteer Week 21-27 June 2020. Find out what's happening and how you can get involved.
To celebrate National Volunteer Week, we’re saying a huge cheers to our 11,500 plus volunteers who are ready to respond to emergencies 24/7, 365 days every year. They’re part of our team of 14,000 which includes career firefighters, trainers, our communication centres, and admin and support staff.
Being available to help keep their communities safe can mean missed dinners, good night stories to the kids, birthdays, and other personal commitments. So, this week we’ve launched a national campaign to say ‘Thanks for the moments you’ve missed’, not only to all our volunteers but also to their whānau, employers, supporters and those who work alongside them, making it possible for our volunteers to do the great work they do.
We want our national campaign to raise public awareness of our volunteers and give the public an opportunity to thank them. The campaign will feature radio and digital ads. We’ll also be posting on our Facebook page – so look out for these and feel free to share using the hashtag #cheerstoourvolunteers. In addition to our campaign, we’ve also released a video from our CE, Rhys Jones; DCE People, Brendan Nally; and DCE Service Delivery, Kerry Gregory thanking all our volunteers and everyone who supports them.
Help us celebrate our volunteers
Below are some of the things you can do to get involved this National Volunteer Week and help us say #cheerstoourvolunteers: Check out the cool stuff below and get involved in thanking our volunteers.
- Watch and share the video thanking our volunteers(external link)
- Use the Facebook frame for your social media
- Use a banner on your social media to celebrate our volunteers
- Use the e-card to thank a volunteer or those who support them
- Look out for our posts on Fire and Emergency’s Facebook, Instagram and Neighbourly and share these across your own social media
- Congratulate/comment on social media and encourage others too, using the hashtag #cheerstoourvolunteers
- Read and share the mini profiles of some of our volunteers(external link)
Any questions email us email@example.com