Be in quick! Deadline extended! Apply for the 2018/19 Pacific Islands Languages Grant by 24/01/2019
The Pacific Islands Languages Grant is an initiative to enhance Fire and Emergency’s overall service delivery capability to the community, and to benefit the personal development of the recipients. It is available to all Fire and Emergency people considering, or already undertaking, study in any Pacific Islands Language.
The grant offers a total of $5,000 per annum that is allocated to one or more recipients. It is available to assist with tuition fees, resources and operational cover (but not overtime) directly related to courses held during the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. Successful applicants are required to provide a brief report on how the grant has been of benefit to the individual and/or organisation on completion of their study.
- the Pasifika Language Study Options in New Zealand for guidance on some identified study options around the country. This includes the following education providers that offer language course options that are currently open for enquiry and registration:
- Auckland: Pasefika Education Centre(external link)
- Wellington: Wellington Community Education Centre(external link)
- Christchurch: Ara Institute of Canterbury(external link)
- How the grant has benefitted recent recipients
What’s the application process?