P3 SOP-A COVID-19 Fire investigations - COVID-19https://portal.fireandemergency.nz/covid-19/resources/risk-reduction-activities/p3-sop-a-covid-19-fire-investigations-covid-19/
When to use
Use these steps when a fire has occurred. The steps will determine who will investigate the fire and which forms need to be completed during Level 4 COVID-19 pandemic response. See Appendix-A for a Decision support flow diagram for investigations under this procedure.
- Officer in Charge (OIC) or
- Specialist Fire Investigator (SFI)
- Controller/Principal Rural Fire Officer (PRFO)
- Wildfire Investigator, (WFI)-or Principal Rural Fire Officer (PRFO), if no WFI is on call for wildfires.
- Fire Research Investigation Unit (FRIU)
This procedure contains the following content:
The Officer in Charge or Controller/PRFO investigates the fire
|If the fire...||then...|
|Does not involve any of the above||
Request contact by a Specialist Fire Investigator, or Wildfire Investigator via ComCen.
|The Specialist Fire Investigator determines that they are not required to respond||
|The Specialist Fire Investigator responds||
|The Specialist Fire Investigator is not available||
Steps 3-5 and Notes
- The Officer in Charge/ controller (PRFO) conducts the investigation
- The Officer in Charge/Controller (PRFO) completes the Preliminary Fire Investigation form
- The Officer in Charge/Controller (PRFO) completes the SMS incident report.
- Use the comments field to add additional information not captured in drop-down boxes, especially for fires where a Specialist Fire Investigator would normally attend
- SMS incident reporting now allows notes and supporting images to be attached to the incident report.
Appendix-A Decision support flow diagram
|Owner||Last reviewed||Review cycle|
|National Manager Risk Reduction||2021-02-15||Six monthly|
Record of amendments
|Date||Brief description of amendment|
|2021-02-15||Amendments to clarify this is for Covid-19 level 4 only, and authority to travel. Step 4a clarification in flowchart.|
For help or feedback, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org